THE FLOPPYTRON SYNTH
THE FLOPPYTRON SYNTH
- Extra wide Interface.
- Flat & Intuitive design.
- Sampled with high-end equipment.
- Exclusive beat sync engine.
- Unique Kontakt engine interface.
- Sampleso exclusive and inspiring effects Morpher.
- 2 LFO's and 2 advanced step sequencers.
- Advanced Key-switch function.
- More than 100 presets + presets easy tags navigation.
- 18 FX included.
- 300mb zip file.
Sampleso are proud to present our latest instrument, FLOPPYTRON.
This instrument is a true testament to our dedication to give our users the most unique and special instruments, so you could stand out and get a unique sound for your productions.
The Floppytron was inspired by YouTube videos featuring floppy drives playing classic tunes from movies and video games. This basic yet complicated concept lead us to create an instrument unlike anything else we’ve ever seen before, including some features that are guaranteed to upgrade your productions, and spark your creativity.
Our team has a custom built and programmed the circuit that converts midi information from a keyboard controller to the necessary information for the floppy drive to play a musical note. This circuit was based on an Arduino Uno and was coded specifically for this project.
The drive was carefully sampled using state of the art equipment, using acoustic techniques to give the instrument a bigger, fuller sound. After which we implemented the samples onto our signature custom Kontakt engine, and added some exclusive features to compliment the floppy drive sound, resulting in a one of a kind instrument that will definitely keep your creativity flowing.
The Floppytron introduces familiar features in a new design, and we know you’re going to have a lot of fun using it.
Select presets our team design or create and save your own presets.
Filter you preset search by sections, tags, and category.
The preset menu also even lets you preview each preset while loading it.
This exclusive feature lets you sync the floppy engine cycles to your host’s tempo. This gives the instrument a such an amazing rhythmic effect, you won’t want to turn it off!
Floppytron features the same signature Effects Morpher as our other libraries. This brilliant section lets you create complex sounds and modulations which otherwise won’t be possible in any other way.
The step sequencer, as opposed to conventional ones, will control Volume, Pan, Distortion, Filter cutoff and resonance and a step sequencer fashion, giving you more ways to shape your sounds.
Almost every parameter and knob value can be stored in a keyswitch. This lets you enjoy 7 states of your instrument that can be as subtle or as dramatically different from one another. Further enhancing this amazing instrument capabilities.
* The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.6.8 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The "Add Library" import process does not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. In a free Kontakt Player it will run in Demo mode. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument / software sampler platform. Learn more about Kontakt by Clicking Here
* Windows 7 or higher (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2, 4 GB RAM (6 GB RAM recommended)
Mac: OS X 10.9 or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM
While the true origin of floppy drive music is uncertain, we do know that one of the first videos on YouTube of a “singing” floppy drive was posted on September 16th, 2007.
The video features a Commodore 64 floppy playing “Daisy Bell” from a pre-programmed midi sequence. Since then hundreds of different videos and tutorials were posted all over the internet showing their floppy drive music creations and sharing coding tutorials to create your own playable floppy drive.